Underinsured Motorist Coverage in Case of an Atlanta Car Accident
The laws on auto insurance coverage vary from state to state. However, whether it is mandatory or not, there are certain types of coverage that you should have.
Let’s say you are injured in an accident where another vehicle ran a red light and hit you. The financial responsibility for covering your medical expenses most likely will rest with that driver.
However, you may discover that the driver does not carry enough coverage to pay for your costs. In a case such as this, your underinsured motorist coverage may be able to cover the remaining damages.
Uninsured Motorist Coverage in Case of an Atlanta Car Accident
Another scenario is if you are hit by someone who has no insurance coverage. This can leave a victim in a deep financial hole, but uninsured motorist coverage can take care of your damages.
It can also come in handy if you are involved in a hit-and-run accident. Without knowing who is responsible, it can make obtaining coverage from another party impossible. Some states require motorists to carry a certain minimum amount of motorist coverage, but even if they do not, it is always a good idea to have.
The good news is that the cost for this additional coverage generally is not very expensive. And it can provide financial protection in the event you are involved in an accident with someone who either does not have any coverage or not enough.
There are additional types of coverage that might be beneficial to have. There are also other legal options available when you have been seriously injured because of someone else’s negligence. Not only can insurance coverage be used to pay for expenses, but you also may be entitled to seek legal action by filing a claim. Your injuries and expenses must be significant enough to warrant the pursuit of a claim.
Injured in an Atlanta Car Accident? Call a Lawyer
When you or someone you love has sustained serious injuries caused by someone else’s negligence in an Atlanta car accident, you should know what your rights are. The law offices of Shane Smith can provide you with valuable tips on how to protect your case, free of charge including: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims: Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers
- Posted on 09/21/2015Georgia Drivers Benefit from Seatbelt Laws