Several recent studies of road congestion across the U.S. place the metro Atlanta area among the worst cities for traffic jams in the country. That means people who live in this area spend more time stuck in traffic than almost anyone else in the nation. Traffic congestion is not only annoying, but it can lead to fender benders, highway pileups, road rage, and other serious traffic accidents.
Sometimes traffic snarls at Spaghetti Junction or rush hour jam-ups on the Downtown Connector lead to nothing more serious than a scratch or a dented door. But when a serious car accident causes injury—or even death—you may need the support of an experienced Georgia car accident lawyer to ensure that you are fairly compensated for your property damages and medical expenses.
Shane Smith is an experienced advocate for those injured in auto accidents in Georgia. The legal team in our Peachtree City office serves victims of car, truck, and motorcycle accidents in the Atlanta area and beyond.
Every Car Accident Claim Is Unique
As experienced car accident attorneys, we know that every crash presents unique challenges. Depending on the cause of the crash, the injuries sustained, and the amount of insurance coverage involved, your case could be simple and straightforward, or it could be very complicated. Our goal is to give our clients 100% of our support as we fight to maximize your compensation. Possible car-crash scenarios in the Atlanta area include:
- A victim is paralyzed from a spine injury after being rear-ended on I-85 in Union City. He may receive compensation for potential earnings as well as wages already lost.
- A car is hit by a drunk driver on I-20 in Atlanta. The injured driver may receive punitive damages in addition to a settlement for your medical bills and property damages.
Whether you were injured while driving your work truck on I-75, sideswiped on Tara Boulevard, rolled your SUV on I-285, or lost a loved one in a head-on collision on the Grady Curve, you deserve to understand your right to a settlement and your legal options.
We Can Answer Your Questions After a Car Accident
You don't always need an accident attorney to help you with your injury claim after you have been in an auto accident in Atlanta, but if you have any doubts about your right to compensation, an attorney can answer your questions. In general, you will want to talk to an attorney if any of the following are true:
- You suffered serious injuries or a loved one was killed. The higher the value of your claim, the harder you are going to have to fight for what you deserve. Our accident attorneys understand what it takes to recover from or cope with significant losses and will put our efforts behind getting you what you need to put your life back together.
- The crash involved a commercial semi-truck. When the driver of a commercial truck caused your accident, you can be sure he will be represented by a team of lawyers. You won’t stand a chance without an experienced truck accident attorneys behind you. Trucking companies carry millions of dollars in insurance, but you will have to fight to get what you deserve.
- The driver who caused the crash was issued a DUI at the scene. When the crash that left you injured involved a drunk or otherwise impaired driver, an attorney for DUI victims can argue for maximum damages, including punitive damages, to punish the criminally negligent drunk driver.
- You were wrongly found to be at fault. It is possible to share fault in a Georgia car accident, but this could significantly lower the compensation you could be awarded. If you are sure you did nothing to contribute to the crash, our car accident legal team will work hard to support your claim.
We will always work with you to achieve the best result for your case. As your attorney, Shane Smith will provide support and advice, but the decisions are always yours to make. Whether you decide to take your case to trial or wish to avoid a courtroom, Shane will support your decision.
If you require medical care or other services outside of the legal arena, the attorneys at Shane Smith Law can refer you to a specialist in these other fields.
We Are Here to Help You in Georgia
If you have been involved in an accident in the metro Atlanta area, don't give up if the insurance company denies your claim. Call 770-487-9999 or fill out our online contact form to request a free case evaluation. Review our free books for essential information that can help your case and provide valuable tips and facts for victims of car, truck, and motorcycle accidents.