GA Personal Injury
A sudden vehicle accident—whether caused by a distracted, reckless, or drunk driver—can change your life in an instant. Just like that, you are worrying about how to pay bills, when you can get back to work, and whether you will ever fully recover from your injuries. When you are in a car, truck, motorcycle, or pedestrian accident in Georgia, our skilled Atlanta personal injury attorneys will fight to get you every cent of compensation you deserve from the negligent driver.
When You May Be Entitled to Damages
No matter how seriously you were injured, not every vehicle accident entitles you to damages from the other driver. Under Georgia’s modified comparative negligence statute, you must be less than 50% to blame for the accident in order to collect compensation from the other driver’s insurance company. Because of this important threshold, it is vital that you work with our Atlanta car accident attorneys as soon after your accident as possible. We will put our team to work investigating the accident and gathering evidence to prove that the other driver was more than 49% at fault. Examples of driver fault include the following:
- Distracted driving. More than 1,000 people are injured every day in automobile crashes involving distracted driving, according to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC). If there is any evidence that the driver who caused your crash was using his cell phone, setting his GPS, adjusting the radio, eating, or drinking, we will do our best to prove it.
- Driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol. If the other driver is charged at the scene with a DUI, that should be enough evidence to hold him 100% liable for the crash. We will make sure a drunk driver pays for the harm he has caused.
- Speeding or reckless driving. It’s a simple fact that speed kills. If the driver who caused your crash violated Georgia’s Super Speeder or reckless driving laws, we will make sure this charge is included in our demand for damages from his insurer.
- Breaking traffic laws. Violation of any traffic law—such as running a stop sign, failure to yield, passing in a restricted zone, etc.—should place fault squarely on the shoulders of the other driver. However, these violations can be difficult to prove after the fact. If you were obeying traffic laws and the other driver was not, we will go to work for you.
Innocent victims should not be made to pay for the medical bills and other damages caused by another driver. Our Atlanta attorneys will make sure you are protected!
Injuries Caused by Serious Car Crashes
We have represented clients in Georgia who have sustained a variety of serious injuries and helped them get the compensation they needed to pay for emergency medical treatment and follow-up care. Some of the injuries we have seen include the following:
- Traumatic brain injury
- Spinal cord damage and paralysis
- Broken bones, including pelvic fractures
- Back injuries
- Soft tissue injuries, including whiplash
- Amputations and lost limbs
- Disfiguring burn injuries
- Dental and facial trauma
We also represent family members whose loved one did not survive a crash in wrongful death actions. No matter what your losses are, we can help you recover what you need.
Premises Liability Claims in Georgia
At the Law Offices of Shane Smith Law, we accept all kinds of personal injury claims, including premises liability cases. If you are injured on someone else’s property due to unsafe conditions and the property owner knew about a hazardous condition—or should have known about the danger—and failed to do anything about it, the owner could be liable for the injuries or fatalities that result. Examples of premises liability claims include the following:
- Falls caused by slippery surfaces, wet floors, broken stairs, loose floorboards, uneven ground or cracked sidewalks, or torn carpeting.
- Swimming pool accidents
- Dog bites or other animal attacks
- Toxic exposure
Premises liability claims can be difficult to prove. Do not hesitate to call our Atlanta office if you think you might have a claim in Georgia.
Do Not Wait to Call Us!
The sooner you contact us after your car, truck, motorcycle, pedestrian, or premises liability accident, the sooner we can get to work for you. Call our Atlanta office or fill out the form on this page to get started. We are waiting to hear from you!