Sometimes, life is just not fair. Bad things happen to good people all the time, and there's not much anyone can do to change that. But when a vehicle accident happens to you because another driver was careless, negligent, or drunk, there is something we can do. We can make him pay for the damage he has caused. When you work with the Law Offices of Shane Smith in Cincinnati, we will fight for justice on your behalf. You may not be able to undo the harm that has been done, but at least you can take action to hold the at-fault driver responsible. Our personal injury attorneys represent clients in cities throughout Ohio, including Cincinnati.
Ohio Personal Injury Cases We Accept
If you sustained injuries in almost any kind of accident that was not your fault, we would be happy to review your case and let you know if we can help. Our Cincinnati attorneys have many years of experience helping injured Ohioans get the compensation they deserve from the negligent party’s insurance company. Personal injury cases we accept include the following:
- Auto accidents. Rear-end, T-bone, side-swipe, and rollover accidents can cause devastating injuries to innocent and unsuspecting drivers and passengers. When the other driver was distracted, drunk, or breaking traffic laws, he should pay for your damages. Our attorneys will make sure he does.
- Truck accidents. Commercial truck drivers have a duty to obey state and federal laws regarding the operation of their rigs. When they break these laws by exceeding hours of service, texting and driving, driving under the influence of drugs or alcohol, or simply by being careless, they can cause a catastrophic crash. Victims of truck crashes may need extensive medical care and a lifetime of support. We hold these drivers and their employers accountable.
- DUI victims. Other attorneys may defend drunk drivers against criminal charges, but we are proud to represent their victims. If you were injured or a loved one was killed by a drunk or drug-impaired driver, call our Cincinnati law firm to talk to one of our skilled DUI victim attorneys. We know how to gather the evidence and present a strong case to the insurance company to get the maximum possible settlement for your losses.
- Pedestrian accidents. In cities throughout Ohio, pedestrians and bicyclists are at risk of being hit by a car, even when they are within a crosswalk or on a sidewalk. An individual is no match for a fast-moving car and the injuries suffered are often catastrophic. Whether in Cincinnati or Toledo, we will fight for your recovery when you have been hit by a car.
- Premises liability. This area of the law is tricky and not every personal injury law firm in Ohio takes these cases seriously. When you are injured on someone else’s property because the owner failed to maintain a safe environment, you may be able to sue him for damages. These claims—which include slip and falls, dog bites, and inadequate security—can be difficult to prove, but our attorneys have the skill and experience to get you the compensation you deserve.
- Brain injuries. Traumatic brain injuries can be caused by any of these accidents, and our attorneys have special experience handling claims for this very serious injury. Planning for the long term is necessary for people with TBI, and our attorneys will make sure your settlement is sufficient to cover your needs for years to come.
- Wrongful death. When a loved one is killed in a vehicle accident or premises liability case, you may be entitled to collect wrongful death damages for the loss of income, support, and companionship you will suffer as a result. At this challenging time, trust our attorneys to hold the liable party accountable for the tragedy he has caused.
Even if you're not sure who was at fault in an accident that left you injured, call us for a free case review. We will be honest with you about the strength of your claim.
Do Not Hesitate to Call!
The sooner you call our Cincinnati office after your accident, the sooner we can get to work fighting for you. Fill out the form on this page or call us to get started. You will owe no money up front, so you have nothing to lose!