Recognizing Our Community’s Heroes in the Classroom
How do we change the world? By educating and inspiring our children to build a better future. Perhaps no one does this job better than our schools’ standout educators. While all teachers should be commended for their long hours, tireless work, and dedication, there are a select few who go above and beyond their peers and their pay grade.
These are the teachers who make learning a joy.
These are the teachers who teach life lessons that aren’t on any curriculum.
These are the teachers who reach out to troubled kids instead of passing them on.
These are the teachers who take money out of their own pockets to improve their classrooms.
These are the teachers who sacrifice their time to make sure our kids become their best selves.
At Shane Smith Law, we wanted to shine the spotlight on these brave, unflagging, and devoted educators—the teachers that quietly and resolutely make strong, smart men and women out of Georgia’s children. Although there is no way to give them the precious gifts that they bestow on our kids in the classroom, the least we can do is recognize their passion and thank them with a few small gestures and gifts.
Fayette and Coweta Counties Teacher of the Month Award
Based on nominations collected from the community and selected by a special panel of local citizens, we have created Shane Smith Law Teacher of the Month Award in order to recognize an outstanding educator in Fayette County or Coweta County. We want to not only give back to the teachers that so greatly affect our kids and community, but also to make sure that their efforts do not go unnoticed.
Each month, the teacher who is honored with the Teacher of the Month Award will be featured in the local paper, receive a $200 check for school supplies, a gift card from Elite Tan in Peachtree City, Georgia (a $30 value) and a $25 gift card to Partner’s Pizza for their tremendous contributions towards creating thoughtful, knowledgeable, and compassionate learners—and for bettering all of our children’s futures.
Nominate Next Month’s Teacher!
We encourage anyone in the community who has been positively affected by a teacher in our school district to write us with a nomination—whether you are a parent, a student, a community member, or a fellow educator. To submit your nomination today, simply complete the Shane Smith Law Teacher of the Month Award Nomination Form to your right. To be considered, nominations are due no later than the 20th of the preceding month.
Nominating a teacher who has changed your life is a great way to give back—and a great way to let everyone know about the important work of a silent hero in our local classrooms.
TEACHER OF THE MONTH AWARD RECIPIENTS
PAST CHARITIES SUPPORTED BY Shane Smith Law, PC
2012 Give Back to Heroes Contest for Georgia Police Officers
Nominate Next Month's Teacher!
Search Our Site
- In September 2014 Shane Smith had the pleasure of awarding Kim Strudivant with the Fayette County Local Teacher of the Month award. In return Charlotee Sanders the Principal of Grace Christian Academy sent him a warm thank you that we wanted to share. Charlotte Sanders Principal of Grace Christian Academy
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims May Use Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/25/2015Who Is Responsible in Georgia DUI Accidents?
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers