http://www.gaduivictims.com If you have been hit by a drunk driver in a Georgia car accident, you will most likely have many questions including: Do I have to go to court as a witness? Will I get justice there? Can I sue for punitive damages? Find out the answers to your questions by watching Georgia accident attorney Shane Smith talk about the criminal and civil hearing process for DUI victims in this video. If you have been a victim of a drunken driving accident in Georgia, you will get a notice asking you to come to a criminal hearing as a witness. Most people assume that justice will be served in the criminal courtroom, but this is generally not the case. In fact, it is better to seek closure in a civil trial. In a civil trial, you can pursue damages and maximize the value of your claim. However, if you are going to testify in a criminal trial, it is good to talk with a DUI victim advocate to understand more about the criminal hearing process and find out how you can seek justice in civil court rather than criminal court. Shane Smith, an experienced GA advocate for victims of drunk drivers, will advise you on what to expect in criminal court and how to testify in a criminal trial, and will answer your questions about the civil court process. For a free legal consultation, contact the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999 or 770-487-8999. You can also visit our website https://www.shanesmithlaw.com/ to order your FREE copy of our book: I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver, What Do I Do Next?
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims: Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/25/2015Who Is Responsible in Georgia DUI Accidents?
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers
- In September 2014 Shane Smith had the pleasure of awarding Kim Strudivant with the Fayette County Local Teacher of the Month award. In return Charlotee Sanders the Principal of Grace Christian Academy sent him a warm thank you that we wanted to share. Charlotte Sanders Principal of Grace Christian Academy
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Posted on 09/17/2018 Understanding How the Criminal Process Works in Georgia Drunk Driving Accident Cases