The law in the State of Georgia is such that the insurance company only has to pay you at the settlement of your case. This means that if you are the victim of a car accident or drunken driver and are seeking medical attention or missing time at work, the insurance company doesn’t have to pay you while its going on. How does this benefit the insurance companies? Many people who become victims of these kinds of accidents don’t have the money to miss extended time at work or visit multiple doctors. If you can’t afford it, you may not be able to obtain the proper medical care. This can result in victims rushing to settlement, often for less than what they deserve. Getting proper medical care needs to be the first priority. If you feel that this law could affect you, speak with a lawyer as soon as possible. We will assess your case and work together to come to plan of action that is right for you. If you would like more information, please call us today at 770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims: Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/25/2015Who Is Responsible in Georgia DUI Accidents?
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers
- In September 2014 Shane Smith had the pleasure of awarding Kim Strudivant with the Fayette County Local Teacher of the Month award. In return Charlotee Sanders the Principal of Grace Christian Academy sent him a warm thank you that we wanted to share. Charlotte Sanders Principal of Grace Christian Academy
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Posted on 09/17/2018 Understanding How the Criminal Process Works in Georgia Drunk Driving Accident Cases