https://www.shanesmithlaw.com - How safe is your child? The Georgia booster seat law has changed and as a parent, you need to know the current rules. Governor Nathan Deal signed this new law and it went into effect on July 1, 2011. According to the new Georgia booster seat law, all children up to age eight must sit in a booster seat. Before the law was changed, only children up to the age of six had to use child safety seats. Why was the booster seat law updated? According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, motor vehicle accidents are the leading cause of death for children ages 3 to 14. Using a booster seat reduces the risk of injury to children seven and under by nearly 60 percent. This new law will therefore act as further protection for children. At the Atlanta personal injury Law Offices of Shane Smith, we have written extensively on child safety. If you or your child has been hurt in a Georgia car accident, contact our Atlanta auto accident attorneys for a free consultation at 770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims: Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers
- Posted on 09/21/2015Georgia Drivers Benefit from Seatbelt Laws
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III