If you’ve been injured in a car accident with a drunk driver, you will find that personal injury law in Atlanta requires that you meet a certain burden of proof in demonstrating the extent of your injuries caused by the negligent driver’s actions.
Part of that can be accomplished through providing photographic evidence of the accident scene and of your injuries. If you’ve been hurt, reach out to an Atlanta auto wreck attorney.
When you’re taking photos for your civil suit process, take into account these tips.
- Avoid Polaroids if possible. Normal photos show more detail and generally have better light conditions.
- More is better – take many photos from different angles so that you will have sufficient options later to pick out the ones that clearly show whatever it is you’re trying to show.
- Take the photos as soon as you are able – you want the conditions shown to be as accurate of a representation of the accident as possible.
- When you get the photos developed, have the photo shop indicate the date on the back of the photo prints and on the receipt. It also can’t hurt to have a friend write a short note stating that he or she was with you on the date and question and observed you taking the photos, so be sure to have someone tag along when you take them.
- Always have copies – both digital and hardcopy backups are best.
Contact an Atlanta Auto Wreck Attorney about the Civil Suit Process
After a fatal car accident with a drunk driver, you and your family may be dealing with the grief of serious injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer due to the negligence of another!
The personal injury lawyers at The Law Offices of Shane Smith are lawyers who get it; we know the frustration our clients are experiencing when dealing with insurance companies.
Many of our clients don’t know how to hire a lawyer, so we offer 2 FREE guides, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information about the civil suit process, how to find an attorney to handle your case, and little known facts about personal injury law in Atlanta. When you’re ready to get started on your claim, contact us to set up a FREE consultation – 770-487-8999.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "5 Tips for Photographing Evidence for a Georgia DUI Injury Claim"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."