St. Patrick’s Day is a time the Irish celebrate their heritage, but most people use this day as an excuse to party and get drunk. You should be able to have fun and celebrate, as long as you make smart choices by not driving home intoxicated.
However, as an Atlanta DUI victim lawyer, our law office knows all too well how St. Patrick’s Day celebrations turn into DUI accidents. Unfortunately, this day known for binge drinking and partying is also known for injuries and fatalities due to drunk driving crashes.
This is why you should be especially careful when deciding on transportation to and from your St. Patrick’s Day festivities. Five transportation alternatives in the Atlanta-metro area include:
- Metro America Safe Drivers (770-507-3332) provides free rides daily from 7:00am – 7:00pm.
- Saferide America (404-888-0887) provides driver-for-hire services for partygoers from 8:00pm – 4:00am.
- Take a cab – Atlanta Checker Cab will honor the 1800TAXICAB vouchers that are distributed by local bars and restaurants this St. Patrick’s Day between 6:00pm Friday, March 16 and 8:00am Saturday, March 17.
- Take MARTA (Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority) to go by bus or train for just $2.50 one way.
- Call a sober friend or relative to pick you up.
There is no excuse to drive drunk and injure an innocent motorist or pedestrian in a Georgia DUI accident. Save these phone numbers in your cell phone and pass this information on to others you love.
If you are were a victim of a Georgia DUI crash, please call the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999 or (866) 979-1629 to receive a free consultation with a skilled Atlanta DUI victim lawyer today. Additionally, feel free to request a complimentary copy of our book, I Was Hit by a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? The Guide for Victims of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents.
Post a comment
Post a Comment to "Prevent a DUI: Atlanta St. Patrick’s Day Transportation Options"To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."