The parking lots of “big box” retail stores can be dangerous grounds for pedestrians. Drivers are coming and going so fast, pulling in and out of parking spots without looking for pedestrians, concentrating on finding the best parking spot instead of focusing on those walking near their cars. Because there is a lot of movement in many and unpredictable directions in parking lots, they are dangerous locations.
If your son is involved in a pedestrian parking lot accident in Georgia, it is critical that you do the following to protect your son’s interests, health, and potential personal injury case:
- Call for medical care or an ambulance if it is needed
- Call the police to report the accident
- Exchange contact information with the driver who hit your child
- If the driver do not stop, try to get the license plate number and make, model, and color of vehicle
- Collect contact information from any witnesses
- Take pictures with your cell-phone camera of the accident scene and of any injuries
- Contact an Atlanta pedestrian accident attorney as soon as possible
Auto insurance companies may try to get you to make statements that place some portion of fault on your son. In order to avoid making a mistake that could harm your son’s rights, it is best to talk with an accident attorney immediately. Lawyers skilled in personal injury know how to investigate accidents, collect evidence (which may include video footage from store cameras), explain what you should and shouldn’t say to the insurance adjuster, and they can help build a strong case to help you and your family collect the compensation your son deserves.
If your son was injured in any way, call us for a free case consultation to speak with a skilled Atlanta injury lawyer at the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999 today.