How to change an accident report:
1. Collect evidence that the original report is incorrect. Evidence can include: eyewitness statements, 911 call recordings or photographs.
2. Contact the officer who responded at the scene of your accident. The officer's name and phone number will be on the original accident report.
3. Make an appointment to show the officer your evidence and ask him to change the report. The officer may not be able to make all the changes that you request; the officer can only list facts that he can verify or could verify when he arrived at the scene of the accident. For example, the officer cannot write down that the other driver was speeding unless he witnessed it, but he can list evidence of speeding such as skid marks.
For more information about police reports, read our article “Why is it important to file a police report after an Atlanta car crash? “. For more tips about what to do after a Georgia traffic accident, download Atlanta car crash attorney Shane Smith’s free book, “10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case.”
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.