After an Atlanta trucking accident, you need not only a lawyer, you need a semi accident lawyer who can educate you on the key differences between a truck accident and a traditional passenger vehicle accident.
Issues to consider include:
- Liability – determining the parties responsible for the crash is not as simple as figuring out who the driver is. In many cases, the truck driver’s employer and the truck owner (if these are different parties, although sometimes they’re the same) can also be held liable, in addition to the truck manufacturer if there was some malfunction with the equipment.
- Evidence from the scene of the crash – most truck companies have law firms on retainer who will visit the scene of an accident immediately after it takes place to collect evidence and testimony from witnesses.
- Defense lawyers – trucking companies hire defense lawyers who aggressively defend against potential liability claims to not only save the company money but also to make the process so difficult that it dissuades future potential claimants.
- Falsified records – in some cases, the driving logs of a commercial truck are electronically monitored, but in others, we’re meant to rely on the honest word of the truck drivers that they didn’t drive more than the legally prescribed limit in order to make good time on their deliveries. An attorney may be able to recognize inconsistencies or time logs that have been falsified.
- Internal trucking company policies – can impact a potential accident claim. If the policies weren’t followed by the driver, your case may be strengthened. For this reason, it’s important that your lawyer acquire a copy of these policies in order to determine whether or not they were appropriately observed.
If you’ve been injured, a semi-accident lawyer will need to provide you with a free evaluation of your case and help you determine what Atlanta accident compensation you may be entitled to.
Providing the Legal Help You Need after an Atlanta Trucking Accident
To learn more about the rights of accident victims and what you can do to seek Atlanta accident compensation, request one of Shane Smith’s books: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. These books provide valuable tips from an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer and facts for Georgia injury victims and are available free of charge to Georgia accident victims and their families. Contact our offices at (980) 246-2656