Passenger in a Car Accident: Attorney in Fulton County Recommends This Insurance Coverage (Part B)

A car accident attorney in FultonCountyrecommends having these types of insurance coverage which can come in handy if you are the victim of a car accident and are injured as a passenger.

Personal Injury Protection

This type of insurance coverage is designed to pay for damages in the event someone suffers an injury; this can include medical bills, lost income, ambulance costs, and more. If you have personal injury protection (PIP) on your own policy, this will usually help cover damages if you are involved in a wreck as a driver or passenger. Additionally, if the driver of your vehicle has PIP, it also may extend to you depending on the stipulations of their policy.

Liability insurance

Liability insurance covers injuries and damages done to other parties in a wreck. Therefore, if the driver of either car involved carries this type of coverage, it may help pay for damages done to you or your property. In Georgia, state laws require all drivers to carry a minimum of $25,000 per person and $50,000 per accident in bodily injury liability insurance coverage, as well as $25,000 in property damage liability per accident.

Medical payments

For health care, hospital, and medical bills, drivers and passengers can opt to carry medical payments coverage. If you have medical payments coverage, it will follow you when driving or riding in another car and pay for damages in the event you suffer injuries. If the driver of the car you’re riding in has medical payments, it will extend to cover you as well, paying for your medical bills if you are in a wreck. 

Depending on the insurance coverage you carry, and those that your driver and the driver of the other car have, it is possible that your injuries and damages may be covered by a combination of several sources at once. In order to fully ensure you are covered as a passenger, it is imperative you consider your personal insurance policy carefully. 

Contact a Fulton County Accident Attorney

Were you in a car accident? Get prepared for your claim by reading 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case, and contact the Shane Smith Law to enlist the help of an experienced car accident in Fulton County. Call (980) 246-2656

Related Posts
  • What if I Am in an Accident With an Uninsured Motorist? Read More
  • How to Preserve Your Atlanta Commercial Vehicle Claim (Part A) Read More
  • Evidence in Insurance Claims: Keeping a Journal Read More