My Car Was Damaged in an Atlanta Car Wreck, Do I Need an Attorney?
Attorney Shane Smith offers these tips that can help you get fair compensation for your damaged property without the help of an attorney:
1. After the accident, obtain the other driver’s name, address, driver’s license number, license plate number, and insurance information.
2. Take pictures of the damage to your car and, if possible, of the accident scene.
3. Keep any pieces that fall off your car.
4. File a police report, especially if there is significant property damage. Get a copy.
5. Notify your insurance company of the accident.
6. Keep copies of all bills for towing, repairs, rental cars and other accident-related expenses.
7. If your insurance doesn’t start processing your claim, start a claim with the other driver’s insurance company.
If the insurance company is blocking your claim, won’t give you information, or offers you a settlement that is well below the cost of having the damage to your car repaired, you may want to consult an Atlanta car crash attorney. An Atlanta car wreck attorney who handles Georgia property damage claims will be able to read your insurance policy and determine a fair value for the damage your vehicle sustained in the accident. He will be able to negotiate directly with the insurance companies to get coverage for your losses.
Atlanta car crash injury lawyer Shane Smith has written a book to help you get your car fixed after an accident in Georgia. To request your free copy of Property Damage Guide for Georgia, contact Shane Smith Law at (980) 246-2656. If you need further help with your insurance claim, call us to schedule a free legal consultation.