Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 742-6352
Phone: (770) 487-8999 x32
Law Offices of Shane Smith
Accepting Personal Injury Cases
In Georgia In North Carolina

Contact Us

Get help now! Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will contact you within 24 hours!

Accident Attorney in Fulton County: UM & UIM Car Insurance Coverage 101

Blog Category:
Comments (0)

Unsure about filing an insurance claim? Fulton County car accident attorney, Shane Smith, can go over your rights as a passenger. If you’re involved and injured in a collision as a passenger, determining who will foot the bills for your health care and medical treatments can be confusing. 

Depending on the insurance coverage carried by you and both drivers involved, any number of policies could be responsible for paying your damages. But what happens if the drivers don’t have insurance? Or, what happens if the drivers don’t have enough coverage to pay for all your bills? 

One way to protect yourself is to carry uninsured (UM) and underinsured motorist (UIM) coverage. UM and UIM coverage pay for damages stemming from a car accident when the other drivers involved have insufficient coverage or lack insurance altogether, respectively. 

An added bonus of UM and UIM coverage is that these plans follow you. Your policies will cover you no matter what, whether you are driving your car, a friend’s car, or you’re riding as a passenger. These policies can prove very beneficial if you find yourself in this situation. 

To learn more about the insurance coverage that could help you, should you end up a passenger in a wreck, speak to a car accident attorney in Fulton County about filing a claim. Call the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999 or 404-513-5415 today. 

Category: Auto Accidents

Shane Smith
Advocate for the Seriously Injured in Georgia

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "Accident Attorney in Fulton County: UM & UIM Car Insurance Coverage 101"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.