The Missouri accident killed two children and left dozens injured. While the accident is still under investigation, preliminary reports are blaming it on driver inattention.
Other causes of school bus accidents include:
• Inexperienced bus drivers
• Inadequate driver training
• Tired or drowsy school bus drivers
• Drivers who are taking medication that affects driving ability
• Drivers under the influence of drugs or alcohol
• Failure to yield right of way
• Overloaded busses
• Poor maintenance – especially poorly maintained brakes
• Poor visibility or poor weather conditions
• Inadequate or poorly maintained safety systems – lights, reflectors, and other warning signals
Every year nearly half a million school busses transport more than 24 million students to school and back. While school bus crashes are rare, they do happen. About 27 children a year are killed in motor vehicle crashes and pedestrian accidents involving school busses.
Shane Smith Law represent victims of motor vehicle accidents in Atlanta. We don’t want to see your child injured, so we have compiled a list of school bus safety tips that can help keep your child safe on the way to school. Click here for more information.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?