People go to work every day never assuming they could be involved in a workplace accident; however, on-the-job injuries frequently occur from slip and fall accidents. In fact, slip and fall accidents are a top cause of workplace injuries.
Because slip and fall hazards are possible in any job environment—since no workplace is truly free of risks—any type of worker can suffer needless injuries. For this reason, business owners and employees alike should work together to prevent workplace slip and fall accidents in Norcross and throughout Georgia.
Following are some tips from the National Safety Council that can help prevent slip and fall accidents and injuries on the job:
- Do not string power cords over walkways. Keep all cords out of high traffic areas.
- Make sure there is adequate lighting for all workers—inside and outside.
- Ensure clutter is removed from all walkways—inside and outside.
- Stairs should be open, accessible and free of debris.
- Handrails and guardrails should be secured properly to stairs and porches to prevent falls.
- Warning signs should be available and used if a hazard occurs and cannot be fixed immediately, such as torn carpeting, leaky roof, etc.
While employee safety should be an employer’s responsibility, employees should also help where they can, such as not stringing power cords over walkways or leaving cardboard boxes or other obstacles in aisles. When employers and employees come together and attempt to keep their workplaces safe daily, workplace slip and fall accidents in Norcross and nationwide will be reduced.
If you have been injured in a Georgia slip and fall accident at work due to another’s negligence, contact an experienced Gwinnett County slip and fall attorney today at Shane Smith Law for a free consultation at (770) 487-8999.