The personal injury claim process can be complicated. There are deadlines that must be adhered to in order to ensure the process is efficient and maximize the amount of your settlement. Hiring a Georgia personal injury attorney to handle your claim should be done as quickly as possible.
There is certain paperwork that needs to be filed in a timely fashion. A personal injury attorney in Atlanta can take care of all the documents you will need to win your injury case. This includes:
- Obtaining the accident report from the police station and review the details for accuracy. If a police officer was not called to the accident scene, you need to file a personal report of accident with the Georgia Department of Driver Services as soon as possible;
- File a claim with the other party’s insurance providers as quickly as possible;
- File a no-fault claim with your insurance provider within 30 days;
- File a claim for lost wages, completed by your employer;
- Apply for Georgia disability benefits; and
- File a notice of personal injury claim, which must be completed in Georgia within 2 years of the accident.
Contacting a Georgia Personal Injury Attorney you have suffered an injury because of someone else’s negligence, you shouldn’t have to pay the resulting costs. Representing clients in Atlanta and Peachtree City, Shane Smith Law Law can ease the legal burden of fighting a personal injury claim on your own. For a copy of their free book 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case or for a complimentary consultation, call 770-487-8999.