The D.O.T. kicked off National Tire Safety Week with a consumer advisory urging all drivers to inspect their tires for signs of tread wear and damage and for proper inflation before driving in summer weather.
National Tire Safety Week is June 5-11. Although worn tires pose a danger any time of year, vacation driving on hot roads can put added stress on tires and make a tire blowout accident more likely. Older tires are very susceptible to heat stress, especially if they are not properly inflated. To avoid accidents, check your tire pressure before long trips and inspect your tires periodically. For more tire safety tips, read Atlanta car wreck attorney Shane Smith's article, "Preventing Atlanta Car Accidents Caused by Bad Tires".
From 2005 to 2009, nearly 3,400 people died in tire-related accidents. About 116,000 people were injured. If you are a victim of a tire-related accident and would like to discuss your legal rights, contact Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?