The Allstate Insurance Company just released its sixth annual "Allstate America's Best Drivers Report™." The report looks at America's 200 largest cities in terms of car accident frequency and uses these statistics to determine which cities have the safest drivers. Atlanta placed 146th.
"America's Safest Driving City" this year is Fort Collins, Colorado. The average driver in Fort Collins will experience a car accident every 14.5 years. This makes them about 31 percent less likely to be involved in a car crash than the national average.
Among cities with more than 1 million residents, only New York, Houston, San Antonio, Chicago, Dallas, Los Angeles and Philadelphia, finished below Atlanta.
According to the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration, there are about 35,000 car crash fatalities each year. Most Atlanta car accidents are attributed to human error, including distracted driving, speeding, and aggressive driving. Car crashes do not have to be inevitable.
If you or someone you love was injured in an Atlanta car crash, contact Shane Smith Law. Our Atlanta car crash attorney represents victims of car crashes throughout Georgia. To get started on your injury claim, download our free guide “10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case.”
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?