Blood alcohol concentration (BAC) refers to the amount of alcohol present in the blood at a given time. It is expressed as a ratio of grams alcohol per 100 milliliters (deciliter) of blood and is used as a measure of intoxication. In Georgia, a driver with a BAC equal to .08 or greater will be charged with driving under the influence.
There are three main types of tests that are used to determine BAC:
1. Breath test ("breathalyzer")
2. Blood test
3. Urine test
The breathalyzer test is not as accurate as the blood or urine test.
If you have been injured in a Georgia DUI car crash, your Atlanta DUI injury attorney will obtain the results of the police report and the at-fault driver's blood alcohol tests in order to support your injury claim.
Learn what you should do to protect your rights after a DUI car crash. Contact Shane Smith Law to request a free copy of Atlanta DUI Injury Lawyer Shane Smith's book "I Was Hit By A Drunk Driver. What Do I Do Next?"
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 09/17/2018 DUI Wrongful Death Claims: What You Should Know
- Posted on 09/17/2018 The Deep Emotional Impact of Georgia Drunk Driving Accidents—and Its Role in Personal Injury Cases
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- ?I was a passenger in a drunk driver’s car when an accident happened. How can I get compensation for my injuries? In Pain? Call Shane!
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?