There are a variety of ways you will need to protect your personal injury claim when you are seeking compensation for your injuries. To learn how you can best do this, consult with an experienced Atlanta personal injury lawyer.
You need to protect your claim against insurance adjusters. Their goal is to pay as little as possible or nothing at all. They also want to settle your claim as quickly as they can, in case there are future expenses they can avoid.
Here are some practical ways you can protect your personal injury claim from insurance adjustors:
- don’t mistake their friendliness for having your best interests in mind;
- refrain from discussing the accident as what you say could end up being twisted and used against you;
- don’t agree to undergo an independent medical examination;
- don’t sign a medical release form;
- never agree to provide a recorded or written statement; and
- never agree to settle your claim without first speaking to an attorney.
There are additional ways you can protect your personal injury claim. Discussing your case with an Atlanta personal injury attorney is the best way to learn about them.
After You Have Been Injured in an Atlanta Accident
When you or someone you love has sustained serious injuries caused by someone else’s negligence in an Atlantaaccident, you should know what your rights are. The law offices of Shane Smith can provide you with valuable tips on how to protect your case free of charge. This includes: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).