Volvo, a Swedish-owned car company, recently premiered the world’s first pedestrian detection and accident avoidance system. Cars equipped with Pedestrian Detection with Full Auto Brake are able to sense a person walking or standing in front of the car and apply the brakes at speeds up to 22 mph to avoid hitting that person. The system is currently only an option on the Volvo's 2011 model s60. It is part of technology package that also includes other accident prevention features such as adaptive cruise control, collision warning and lane departure warning.
Atlanta-area roads are particularly hazardous to pedestrians. Every week approximately three pedestrians are killed in Georgia and about 45 are injured. If this technology becomes common, it could potentially save hundreds of lives.
Unfortunately, for now, pedestrians must rely on drivers to follow safety rules and keep an eye out for those walking on the road.
If you or a loved one is a victim of an Atlanta pedestrian accident, you have rights. Atlanta car crash attorney Shane Smith is dedicated to protecting those rights and helping victims of Georgia pedestrian traffic accidents recover fair compensation for their injuries, medical care, lost wages, pain and suffering and other damages. To learn more, contact The Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 12/17/2014 Gwinnett County Police Report Increase in Pedestrian Deaths
- Posted on 12/13/2014 Peachtree City Trick-or-Treaters are at Risk for Pedestrian Accidents
- Posted on 12/10/2014 Failure to Yield to Pedestrian Results in Injury for University of Georgia Student
- I was treated very well at Shane Smith's law firm. Every time I called I was informed on everything about my case without asking. I love your firm! -Jasmine
- I really enjoyed working and speaking with my case manager, Shirley. She was a great help in my treatment process. I was always informed about my case. She always returned my phone calls within a day and explained everything clearly. I am very pleased with the care and compassion I received while being a client of the Law Offices of Shane Smith. Destiny