The accident occurred at about 4 a.m. on Sunday, February 20, 2011. The 23-year-old female driver of a red Dodge Durango was traveling northbound on Cobb Parkway near Field Parkway. She was arguing with her 25-year-old male passenger when she suddenly stopped the car. The Durango was rear-ended by a silver Lexus ES350 travelling in the same lane.
There were two people in the Durango and they were both taken to Grady Memorial Hospital for treatment of injuries. The occupants of the Lexus also sustained injuries and were taken to Kennestone Hospital.
The Georgia distracted driving accident is under investigation and charges are pending.
While cell phones and texting devices receive a lot of blame for distracted driving accidents, it is important to remember that there are all types of driver distractions. Distracted driving occurs any time a driver’s attention is focused on something other than driving. To learn more, read our article “Can Hands-free Devices Prevent Distracted Driving Traffic Accidents in Atlanta?”
To discuss your own claim with an Atlanta accident lawyer, contact Shane Smith Law at 770-HURT-999.
Search Our Site
In Pain? Call Shane!
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/22/2021 DUI Driver Sentenced in Rolls Royce Fatality
- Posted on 06/28/2021 Georgia Car Accident Statistics | In Pain? Call Shane!
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- ?Does Georgia law require that I total my vehicle if the insurance company wants me to after a car accident?
- ?My teenage son doesn’t seem too concerned that texting while driving can lead to a crash in Georgia. How can I get through to him?
- ?What types of damages are available to injured passengers?