Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 742-6352
Phone: (770) 487-8999 x32
Law Offices of Shane Smith
Accepting Personal Injury Cases
In Georgia In North Carolina

Contact Us

Get help now! Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will contact you within 24 hours!

What’s Next for a Parent Who Lost a Child in a Georgia DUI Crash?

Blog Category:
Comments (0)

Parents who have lost a child to a drunk driving crash caused by an irresponsible driver may feel like the world is caving in on them. Instead of giving up, there are some critical steps a parent can take to help him or herself after losing a son or daughter in a fatal Atlanta DUI accident. We encourage you to:

  • Get medical help. If you constantly feel sick, or if you are hurting yourself by eating too much or not eating enough as a way of dealing with your grief, you should see a doctor to discuss healthy ways to cope with your grief.
  • Seek professional help. Grief counselors are trained to help those who have experienced the loss of a loved one. By meeting with a counselor, you can learn how to pick up the pieces and begin doing life again following a tragic loss. 
  • Get involved. Allow yourself to use your feelings of frustration, anger, etc. for good by getting involved in an organization such as MADD, or another organization that aims to provide education about drunk driving. Advocating for others who are hurting and seeking to protect others from future harm through involvement can be the start of healing for you.
  • Speak with an attorney. After an intoxicated driver claimed the life of your child, you should speak with a Georgia DUI victim attorney. You may want to seek damages for medical expenses, losses, and pain and suffering.

Helping yourself by becoming a voice for your child and by seeking justice and just compensation may provide the comfort you need in this time. For more information, or for a free case consultation with a compassionate attorney, call the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-HURT-999 today.

Category: DUI Victims

Shane Smith
Advocate for the Seriously Injured in Georgia

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "What’s Next for a Parent Who Lost a Child in a Georgia DUI Crash?"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.