Go to navigation Go to content
Toll-Free: (888) 742-6352
Phone: (770) 487-8999 x32
Law Offices of Shane Smith
Accepting Personal Injury Cases
In Georgia In North Carolina

Contact Us

Get help now! Please fill out the quick contact form below for a fast and free case consultation. We will contact you within 24 hours!

Who can file a wrongful death claim in Peachtree City, GA?

Blog Category:
Comments (0)

Have you lost a loved one? Peachtree City wrongful death lawyers can answer your questions pertaining to whether you or another member of your family is entitled to file a wrongful death claim. 

In addition, a lawyer can establish the types of damages that may be pursued, including medical expenses, reasonable funeral costs, and more. 

A wrongful death claim is usually filed by immediate family members. This could be a spouse, parent or adult child. In certain circumstances, other family members may be able to file a claim. This will depend on state laws. 

In Georgia, the claim may be filed by the individual’s estate to benefit a next of kin if the following people are not present: 

  • a spouse;
  • children; and
  • parents. 

In this case, the estate administrator may become involved. If you are still unsure of whether you can file a wrongful death claim on behalf of a loved one, such as if you are an unrelated dependant of the deceased, consult a lawyer who handles wrongful death claims and knows the laws in Georgia. 

A lawyer can also assist with other important aspects of the claims process such as completing paperwork and sharing tips on evidence that should be gathered for your claim.  

Seeking Help from Peachtree City Wrongful Death Lawyers 

Contact the Law Offices of Shane Smith at 770-487-8999 (Peachtree City) or 404-513-5415 (Atlanta), if you are filing a wrongful death claim. You can also order a copy of our FREE book, which may help you prepare before meeting with a lawyer. 

Category: Wrongful Death

Shane Smith
Advocate for the Seriously Injured in Georgia

There are no comments.

Post a comment

Post a Comment to "Who can file a wrongful death claim in Peachtree City, GA?"

To reply to this message, enter your reply in the box labeled "Message", hit "Post Message."


Email:* (will not be published)


Notify me of follow-up comments via email.