It can be shocking to learn what your medical costs are after being injured in a car accident in the Atlanta area. Depending on the severity of your injuries, you could deal with bills in the thousands or even hundreds of thousands of dollars. This is where medical payments car insurance coverage can help.
Medical costs can include emergency/ambulance services, hospitalization, doctors' fees, medicine, x-rays and a host of other medical services. All of these expenses may be covered by medical payments coverage.
You might assume that your car insurance doesn’t need to address specific medical costs because you have health insurance. Yet there may be some things not covered or you could have a high deductible or co-pay.
Medical payments coverage may cover all of that, which could be a financial life-saver. It’s another form of protection that every motorist should have.
Gap Insurance Coverage
If your vehicle is totaled in a car accident, gap insurance will cover the gap between the amount still owed on it and its worth. This is most useful for those who own a newer car or lease a vehicle.
Cars depreciate quickly. So if you own a brand-new vehicle for a short period of time, and it’s a complete loss after an accident, you will be left owing a lot of money on it.
Contact a Car Accident Attorney in Atlanta
Having the right car insurance coverage is important. It can protect you in the event of an accident. However, you may wish to seek legal counsel if you have suffered serious injuries as a result of another driver’s careless or reckless actions.
The law offices of Shane Smith can provide you with valuable tips on how to protect your case, free of charge including: 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case and Property Damage Guide for Georgia. Contact our offices at 1-770-HURT-999 (1-770-487-8999).
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.
- Posted on 09/30/2015Georgia Accident Victims: Prior Medical Records as Evidence
- Posted on 09/24/2015Risks for Drowsy Driving in Young Drivers
- Posted on 09/21/2015Georgia Drivers Benefit from Seatbelt Laws