DUI Victims Seek Justice and Maximum Recovery

If you have been hit by a drunk driver in a Georgia car accident, you will most likely have many questions including: Do I have to go to court as a witness? Will I get justice there? Can I sue for punitive damages? Find out the answers to your questions by watching Georgia accident attorney Shane Smith talk about the criminal and civil hearing process for DUI victims in this video. If you have been a victim of a drunken-driving accident in Georgia, you will get a notice asking you to come to a criminal hearing as a witness. Most people assume that justice will be served in the criminal courtroom, but this is generally not the case. In fact, it is better to seek closure in a civil trial. In a civil trial, you can pursue damages and maximize the value of your claim. However, if you are going to testify in a criminal trial, it is good to talk with a DUI victim advocate to understand more about the criminal hearing process and find out how you can seek justice in civil court rather than criminal court. Shane Smith, an experienced GA advocate for victims of drunk drivers, will advise you on what to expect in criminal court and how to testify in a criminal trial and will answer your questions about the civil court process. For a free legal consultation, contact Shane Smith Law at (980) 246-2656. You can also visit our website to order your FREE copy of our book: I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver, What Do I Do Next?