If you have been the victim of an injury caused by a car accident with a drunk driver, an Atlanta auto wreck attorney can help. One of the worst mistakes a victim can make is to decide to attempt to slog through the civil suit process alone, particularly on an issue as complex as a DUI accident.
Civil Suit Process: Evidence to Gather in a Personal Injury Law Case
Personal injury law in Atlanta is no different from that of the rest of the state of Georgia, and in a traditional injury claim, you (the claimant) will need to gather, organize, and present the following pieces of evidence:
- medical records, including doctor’s notes, a list of medication you were prescribed, a detailed list of all your injuries, X-rays, and recommended and performed treatments;
- medical bills, such as those from the hospital or doctor’s office, any specialists you visited, receipts for medication (both prescription and over-the-counter), medical equipment, and any other medical treatment necessary to address the injuries that resulted from the accident;
- photos of the accident scene, including photos of the vehicles involved and photos of your injuries;
- a pain or injury journal, in which you document your daily pain from your injuries;
- contact information and statements from any witnesses; and
- a copy of the accident report.
These documents are what you would need in any injury claim situation, especially a car accident with a drunk driver. When it comes to a DUI accident injury claim, however, you will need additional evidence – evidence the police collected demonstrating the inebriation of the other driver such as videotape, for example. It’s important that you speak with an Atlanta auto wreck attorney who can help you preserve this evidence after a car accident with a drunk driver. When you need help with the civil suit process after an accident, speak with an Atlanta auto wreck attorney who practices personal injury law in Atlanta and don’t delay.
Get Your Copy Of This Georgia Accident Book - FREE!
10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case is intended to help people with auto accident injuries in the state of Georgia. It is written to help you maximize your car accident settlement and prevent you from making one of the most common mistakes that will reduce the amount of money you receive from your auto accident settlement.
Don't fall victim to the insurance companies' tricks. Shane Smith is a personal injury attorney who has handled over a thousand of personal injury cases, and is fully aware of the intentions of the insurance companies and what you should know. You NEED to get this free report before you sign any forms, give any statements, or talk to any adjustors. Don't be caught off guard when you talk to the insurance company.