Did your son strike his head on anything in the car, such as a steering wheel or dashboard during the car crash in Atlanta? Remind him that any blow to the head can cause a brain injury. Also, if there was enough force to cause the brain to move around within the skull from rapid acceleration or deceleration, it can cause damage to brain tissue.
Automobile accidents are one of the leading causes of traumatic brain injuries in Georgia due to the great amount of force placed on the brain. While some people will know right away if they suffered a traumatic injury, other people may suffer a mild or moderate brain injury and may be unaware of it. This is why it is extremely important to make your son go to the emergency room following a crash.
Ask your son the following things:
- Did you lose consciousness at all?
- Are you experiencing a headache or migraine?
- Are you having trouble concentrating?
- Has your memory been affected in any way?
- Are you having blurred vision?
- Since the accident, have you had any muscle spasms?
Things you can observe include:
- Behavior: is he having behavior problems?
- Speech: is his speech slurred?
- Balance: is he having trouble balancing?
- Other signs: is he tired all of the time?
If your observe any of these signs, or if your son answered “yes” to any of the above questions, have him evaluated for a traumatic brain injury immediately.
If your son did sustain a TBI caused from someone else’s negligence, please call Shane Smith Law at (980) 246-2656 today to seek legal advice in a free consultation with a skilled Atlanta brain injury lawyer.