I Experienced Post-traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) After Being Injured in an Atlanta Drunk Driving Car Crash. I Am Filing a Claim for Compensation for My Injuries. Can I Also Request Compensation for My PTSD?

It is not uncommon for Georgia DUI victims to suffer from PTSD after being injured in a drunk-driving car accident. PTSD is just as real as your physical injuries. You can request compensation for your PTSD, but, like any injury, it should be documented.

If you suspect you have PTSD, you should see your doctor and get a diagnosis. Follow all your doctor’s orders. If you are given a referral to a psychologist or psychiatrist, it is important that you make that appointment. These doctors are experts in treating PTSD and will be able to document your injury.

If you have been injured in a Georgia drunk-driving accident and have additional questions about your rights or about compensation for your injuries, contact an Atlanta DUI victim attorney. At Shane Smith Law, we are dedicated to helping victims of DUI in Georgia to get the justice they deserve. To learn more, contact Shane Smith Law at (980) 246-2656

Get more information about Georgia DUI crashes in Shane Smith’s book, I Was Hit by a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next?

Related Posts
  • Are You Running a Toxic Workplace? Read More
  • Business Layoffs: Best Ways for Employees to Avoid Getting Laid Off Read More
  • How Long Will My Case Take? Read More