Initially, I tell my clients who are hurt right after the car accident to go to the emergency room of the nearest hospital. We want to make sure that you do not have any broken bones or other serious life threatening injuries. Assuming that you have "soft tissue" injuries or back and neck injuries, my office would normally recommend that you try and receive treatment from a doctor or chiropractor on an attorney lien. This is where you, the doctor and the lawyer agree to pay the doctor out of the car accident settlement. This is only a way to delay collection from the doctor or chiropractor until a settlement is received.
If you have a more serious injury then you need an attorney who has extensive relationships with medical specialists. Your lawyer will need to have a good relationship with a medical specialist or surgeon in order to get them to treat you on credit. This is where the attorney's reputation can be critical. Atlanta Car Accident Lawyer Shane Smith has successfully helped clients get medical care when their injuries ranged from back and neck strain, to a torn rotator cuff, a torn ACL, to lumbar fusions and even plastic surgery in one car accident case. Please see our FAQ for more details on this. Call us, we would be glad to help.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- Posted on 07/31/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part V
- Posted on 07/30/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part IV
- Posted on 07/29/2015 Advice from a Clayton County Auto Accident Attorney—Part III
- I am very pleased with the help Shane Smith's provided me. During my treatment, the doctor I was recommended to was really amazing. I highly recommend this firm to anyone! They had everything prepared and worked fast. This is such a great, fast working firm. -Britney
- You were very helpful in finding doctors for my daughter and I quickly after our accident. I appreciate you for you help and promptness. You handled my case so well from treatment to settlement. -Wendy
- My case manager answered all of my questions during my treatment phase. All of my calls were returned in a timely manner. I felt I was contacted frequently and made aware of new developments in my case. My case manager treated me very kindly as if I was her own family. I feel great about choosing the Shane Smith Law Firm and thank you greatly.