When victims are involved in a car accident they’re often quick to put the blame on the other driver and start making accusations.
One of the more controversial types of negligence to deal with in a car accident injury claim is when the victim suspects the other driver is guilty of DUI.
While driving while intoxicated may be a perfect example of negligence it can also be difficult to prove without substantial evidence to support your claim. The best evidence in this type of case typically lies in the hands of the police, as they will have investigated the physical status of the drivers at the time of the crash.
The police do not just hand out crash reports and Blood Alcohol Content (BAC) data to anyone. You will most likely need to retain the help of a Fulton injury law firm in order to gain access to these records for use in supporting your injury claim.
Helpful Resources for Pursuing a DUI Car Accident Claim
Probably the most beneficial item to your claim of driver negligence because of DUI is when there are criminal charges brought against the other driver. A conviction of this type is often considered solid evidence that the other driver was negligent in their duty to not become a hazard to others on the road due to impairment.
Because this type of evidence is not always made available to the general public you must go about the legal process for obtaining the proper records to include in your injury claim. Most victims of DUI accidents are more concerned with recovery and putting their lives back together rather than these legal measures, which is where an attorney can be extremely helpful.
DUI Car Accident in Fulton - an Injury Law Firm Can Help Victims
After a serious or fatal car accident you and your family may be dealing with the grief of serious injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer because of the negligence of another!
At The Law Offices of Shane Smith we help accident victims seek justice after they’ve suffered injury and losses due to negligent drivers such as those guilty of DUI. We have helped Atlanta accident victims with cases of accidents caused by drunk and negligent drivers as well as other accidents resulting in serious or fatal injury.
Before making the decision to hire a lawyer, request a copy of our FREE eBooks on DUI car accidents, property damage, and what to avoid in a Georgia car accident claim - 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case . Our guides contain valuable information on how to handle filing a claim for serious injuries or wrongful death. When you’re ready to get started on your Atlanta car accident claim, contact us to set up a FREE consultation – 770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- ?I understand I can file a lawsuit against a drunk driver who injured me, but will criminal punishment happen too?
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- Posted on 09/25/2015Who Is Responsible in Georgia DUI Accidents?
- Posted on 09/22/2015Georgia Teen Charged with Minor Consumption of Alcohol
- Posted on 09/08/2015Study—Drunk Driving Fatalities Are Under Reported