Throughout the course of your claim, evidence will play an important role in your case, and it’s vital that you do everything possible to assist your attorney in collection and organization.
Crucial Pieces of Evidence in Your DUI Civil Suit Process
The police report is one of the most crucial pieces of evidence, because it will contain documentation of the police officer’s observations that the driver was under the influence. In addition, your attorney will try to get a copy of the chemical test results (Breathalyzer) that show what the driver’s blood alcohol concentration (BAC) was at the time of the accident.
If this data will demonstrate the negligence of the driver, if he or she was inebriated and should not have been driving, and that their actions caused the accident, then it’s likely that the courts will rule in your favor.
In the United States, 2 out of every 5 fatal car crashes are alcohol-related in some way, and the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention estimates that drunk driving claims at least 1 life every 45 minutes. In Atlanta and throughout the rest of Georgia, a car accident with a drunk driver can wreak damage on the lives of those who lose loved ones to the irresponsibility and negligence of those who choose to get in the driver’s seat after drinking too much.
Don’t let those responsible go without being held accountable for their transgressions. Speak with a personal injury law attorney who will aggressively fight for your rights and for the recovery of the damages you are legally owed.
Contact an Atlanta Auto Wreck Attorney about the Civil Suit Process
After a fatal car accident with a drunk driver, you and your family may be dealing with grief of serious injury, loss of a loved one, and financial burdens. During this difficult time it’s easy to get frustrated with your situation – you didn’t deserve to suffer due to the negligence of another!
The Atlanta auto wreck attorney team at The Law Offices of Shane Smith consists of lawyers who get it; we know the frustration our clients are experiencing when dealing with insurance companies.
Many of our clients don’t know how to hire a lawyer, so we offer 2 FREE guides, I Was Hit By a Drunk Driver: What Do I Do Next? and 10 Mistakes That Can Ruin Your Georgia Wreck Case. Our guides contain valuable information about the civil suit process, how to find an attorney to handle your case, and little known facts about personal injury law in Atlanta. When you’re ready to get started on your claim, contact us to set up a FREE consultation – 770-487-8999.
Search Our Site
Before you sign any documents, we urge you to contact our legal team using this short form. We will be in touch within 24 hours to discuss your case.
- ?What separates a personal injury lawyer from a DUI victim lawyer?
- ?My son was badly injured after a football game by a drunk driver. Is our case against the driver or the stadium for serving that driver alcohol?
- ?I understand I can file a lawsuit against a drunk driver who injured me, but will criminal punishment happen too?
- Love the firm of Shane Smith. I am very happy and would highly recommend them to anyone! I was very informed throughout the process of my case through mail and phone call check ups!
- I am very pleased with Shane Smith Law Office for the hard work and dedication they provided in servicing me on my case. Shane Smith offers quality service. -Alton
- They were very nice and prompt about my whole case. Everyone on staff at Shane Smith's firm treated me with great gratitude and respect. Thank you so much! -Veronica
- Posted on 09/25/2015Who Is Responsible in Georgia DUI Accidents?
- Posted on 09/22/2015Georgia Teen Charged with Minor Consumption of Alcohol
- Posted on 09/08/2015Study—Drunk Driving Fatalities Are Under Reported