Shane Smith LawBy
Here are a few guidelines to consider when choosing an Atlanta auto repair shop:
1. Ask around: Asking friends and co-workers about their experiences with body shops is a good way to get started on your search. People are always happy to tell about bad experiences or recommend a favorite auto body shop.
2. Visit multiple facilities: Check prices and look around. Is the equipment modern and in good shape or is it old and outdated? Is the shop busy? Is it organized and well-lit? Do the technicians look professional? Don’t be afraid to ask other customers about their experiences.
3. Look for certificates of training and certifications: Body shop technicians should have ASE (Automotive Service Excellence) certification and I-Car training. Most quality auto body shops will have written proof of a high CSI (Customer Satisfaction Index) rating and the I-CAR Gold Class Logo. The I-CAR Gold Class Logo is awarded by the Inter-Industry Conference on Auto Collision Repair, a training organization is dedicated to improving the quality, efficiency, and safety of auto collision repair for the benefit of the consumer and serves as a sort of body repair diploma. Many insurance companies require that the body shops they choose met the I-CAR definition of a Class A shop.
4. Look for member ship in local business or trade organizations such as the Better Business Bureau.
5. Consider both large and small auto body shops: Large facilities with high volume may not always provide the best service.
6. Consider a repair shop approved by your insurance: Many auto companies have pre-negotiated discounted rates for parts and labor with certain body shops. These shops may offer insurance-backed warranties on their work.
To learn more about getting your car repaired and back on the road in our free guide, “Property Damage Guide for Georgia.”
If you need help getting compensation from the insurance companies or you think you are being offered a low settlement, Atlanta accident attorney Shane Smith can help. Contact Shane Smith Law at (980) 246-2656 to schedule a free initial consultation.