Millions of people in the United States have memberships to gyms, fitness centers, yoga studios, and other similar facilities in order to stay active and healthy. Memberships especially increase in the beginning months of a new year, as many people are trying to act on resolutions to stay fit. Any physical activity comes with the inherent risk of certain injuries, such as sprains or pulled muscles. However, in certain situations, accidents and injuries occur at gyms or in fitness classes that are the fault of trainers, management, or other staff. If employees act in a negligent manner and cause you injury, the facility should be held liable for its actions and should compensate you for your injuries. If you have suffered an injury while working out, you should contact a personal injury attorney in Fayette County as soon as possible for a free case evaluation.
Some common examples of negligence in gyms or fitness centers include:
- Trainers or teachers who push you beyond your ability or skill level
- Slippery surfaces or other hazards that cause slips, trips, or falls
- Improperly maintained equipment or machines
- Falling objects
- Having saunas or hot tubs at too high of a temperature
- Not providing adequate supervision for pool areas
- Failing to provide proper instruction or warnings for pieces of equipment
- Hiring unqualified trainers or class instructors
For example, while you may anticipate possible strains or sprains while running on a treadmill, you would never anticipate a television or weight falling on you while you are on that treadmill.
Contact a Fayette County Personal Injury Attorney for a Free Consultation
Gyms and fitness centers have a duty to keep the premises reasonably safe for members and other patrons. If you have suffered injury because employees of a gym or other facility acted in a negligent manner, you deserve to be compensated for your injuries. Call (980) 246-2656 to schedule a free consultation with an experienced PI attorney at Shane Smith Law today.