I Was a Passenger in a Drunk Driver’s Car When an Accident Happened. How Can I Get Compensation for My Injuries? In Pain? Call Shane!

Often times passengers in alcohol-related accidents in Georgia are due compensation. Passengers often do not want to sue the driver of the vehicle they are traveling in because they often know or are friends with the driver, but Georgia DUI victims have to remember that they would be bringing a claim against the driver’s insurance company and not the driver personally. It can be awkward to sue your friend’s insurance company, but your friend should understand that he or she was at fault and that you need compensation for injuries that you didn’t want or ask for.

There are different ways you can go about collecting damages for your injuries, pain, and suffering, and even lost wages. It is best to get an attorney involved who can determine if you should file a claim against the drunk driver, the other driver, or another party involved. For example, sometimes it is best to file a claim against the restaurant, bar, or liquor store that sold the alcohol to the driver. A skilled Georgia accident attorney would know if you have a valid dram shop claim, or if you should bring a claim against the drunk driver involved.

Typically, you would be due compensation for the emergency room visit, tests, doctor’s visits, surgery, physical therapy, medication, out-of-pocket expenses, lost income, pain, and suffering, and more. To find out how to go about filing a personal injury claim for damages, you should speak with an attorney who is skilled in drunk driving laws.

For help determining your rights, please contact an experienced Peachtree City DUI victim attorney at Shane Smith Law.

Call now for a free, no-obligation consultation at (980) 246-2656 In Pain? Call Shane!

Related Posts
  • Are You Running a Toxic Workplace? Read More
  • Business Layoffs: Best Ways for Employees to Avoid Getting Laid Off Read More
  • How Long Will My Case Take? Read More