Our team at Shane Smith Law will review your case, free of charge, and explain your legal options.
Cincinnati Pedestrian Accident Lawyers
We Help Injured Pedestrians Take Action Against the Negligent Drivers Who Harmed Them
Crossing a street, walking home in the dark, chasing a ball into the street — however you or your loved one were hit by a car, you will have a battle in front of you to get the compensation you deserve from the at-fault driver’s insurance company. Many pedestrian accidents come down to a he-said-she-said situation, and the insurance adjuster will take advantage of the doubt to reduce or deny damages owed to the injured pedestrian. Don’t let this happen to you.
If you were hit by a car, call (980) 246-2656 for the representation you need and deserve.
How Pedestrian Accidents Occur
According to the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), almost 129,000 pedestrians were treated in emergency rooms for crash-related injuries across the country in 2015 and over 5,300 were killed.
Collisions with pedestrians are most likely to happen in the following circumstances:
- In urban areas: Because of the high concentration of pedestrian activity in cities, most pedestrian accidents occur in urban areas. Seventy-six percent of all fatal pedestrian crashes in 2016 occurred in urban areas, according to the Insurance Institute for Highway Safety (IIHS). Drivers in downtown areas are often distracted by heavy traffic and finding their way and fail to see pedestrians crossing the street.
- In the dark: IIHS data shows that most fatal pedestrian crashes occur between 6 p.m. and midnight, when drivers are unable to see people in crosswalks and on the side of the road. The speed of the vehicle is a major factor in nighttime pedestrian crashes. Drivers who speed and fail to watch out for pedestrians cause many of these tragic accidents.
- At intersections: Twenty-six percent of fatal pedestrian crashes occur at intersections as pedestrians are crossing the street. Failing to yield to a person preparing to cross or who is already in the crosswalk is a common cause of these collisions.
- To the old and young: Pedestrians over the age of 65 are victims of a disproportionate number of fatal accidents. This is likely due to the fact that they tend to cross the street more slowly than younger people. When drivers are not cautious in residential areas and school zones, they risk hitting young children. According to the CDC, 20% of children under the age of 15 who were killed in traffic accidents in 2015 were pedestrians.
No matter where or how you were hit by a car, a Cincinnati pedestrian accident attorney will know how to gather the necessary evidence to negotiate a fair settlement for you. You cannot count on the insurance company for the driver to watch out for you.
Connect with Our Cincinnati Office
No matter where in Ohio your accident occurred, Shane Smith Law can help you file a claim for the damages you deserve.
Your initial consultation is free, and you won’t owe us a penny until we win your case. Reach out to us today. Call us today at (980) 246-2656 to learn more.
There has been an increase in pedestrians who text while walking down the sidewalk and those who are leaving a bar or restaurant after having a few too many drinks. However, the burden should be on drivers to watch out for pedestrians because their vehicle is a lethal weapon to a person on foot. If you are being blamed for your own injuries after being hit by a car, you need our attorneys on your side.
We will help you recover compensation for the following injuries and damages:
- Brain injuries
- Spinal cord injuries leading to paralysis
- Broken bones
- Emotional pain and suffering
These kinds of catastrophic injuries lead to huge medical bills and months of lost wages. Our attorneys can help you get the settlement you need to move on with your life.
Millions of Dollars Obtained
Our team is committed to obtaining the best possible result on your behalf. Whether your injury is small or big, we will not rest until we get the compensation you deserve.Explore Our Results
Committed to Providing Answers
We understand that this is a scary and confusing time. We have created a library of free resources that will allow you to start finding the answers and solutions to your most pressing questions.Explore Our Library
Focused on Your Recovery
We handle all aspects of Personal Injury throughout North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina, and Ohio. If you have been injured, our team can help.Explore How We Can Help