Have you been injured? Let the team at Shane Smith Law help.
Chiropractor's Patient's Guide to Dealing with Car Accidents
Chiropractic Treatment: An Important Element of Recovery After an Auto Accident
Traveling along the highway, you are suddenly struck by a speeding vehicle, sending your car careening off the road and causing serious injuries to yourself and your passengers. You may quickly find yourself trying to navigate the complex world of pursuing compensation and dealing with your injuries. Chiropractic treatments often prove to be a critical aspect on an accident victim's road to recovery. By taking the proper actions following the crash, the costs of this treatment may also be covered.
Understanding the Crucial Steps to Take After a Car Crash
Every action that you take after a car accident can have a direct and profound impact on your ability to obtain adequate compensation for your injuries. It is crucial that you obtain the best medical care possible and act in a way that can help to further the chances of success of your legal or insurance claim. Our guide provides a helpful overview of these suggested actions, including the following:
- Obtain assistance from emergency responders.
- Gather evidence relating to the accident and your medical treatment.
- Avoid engaging in any settlement talks with insurance companies or attorneys who represent them or the other driver.
- Obtain a lawyer who will protect your legal rights.
- Avoid making statements about the facts and circumstances surrounding the crash as well as your injuries.
- Seek immediate medical attention and be up front with the physician about the full extent of your injuries. Ideally, this may include specialized treatment from a chiropractor.
Find Out Why Seeing A Chiropractor May Be The Best Thing You Can Do For A Car Accident Injury
While every accident is unique, a common aspect of all car crash claims is the questions that victims face as they begin the process of obtaining treatment and pursuing compensation. Our free guide provides helpful answers to your questions about medical care, pursuing a legal claim, and dealing with the insurance company. We will also help you understand why seeing a chiropractor may be the best thing you can do for an injury following a crash.
Learning How to Find the Right Lawyer for Your Family
Finding the right lawyer to represent you after a car accident is very important to the overall success of your claim. The person that you opt to hire should be approachable, knowledgeable, and compassionate. He or she should be willing to fight in order to ensure that you obtain the compensation that you deserve.
Since there are thousands of attorneys who represent victims of car crash injuries, it is important to do your research—not all lawyers are created equal. Consult with friends and family, ask questions, and talk to the prospective attorney to get a sense of whether he or she would be a good fit for you needs. Attorneys who are experienced in representing car accident victims, knowledgeable about insurance policies and the companies that administer them, and well versed in the medical treatment of car crash injuries are more likely to help you obtain a fair settlement. This research is important, because the right lawyer can help you in many ways, including:
- Helping you to understand what to do after an accident, including how to address the financial burdens of paying for medical care and missing time from work.
- Negotiating on your behalf with insurance companies that do not have your best interests at heart.
- Protecting your rights with regard to property damage and bodily injury.
- Explaining what types of medical care are covered by your claim—this often includes chiropractic care.
- Helping you understand what to expect following a crash.
Chiropractors can offer many benefits, including:
- The ability to make a better initial diagnosis.
- Treatment for injuries rather than simply providing medication to mask symptoms.
- Chiropractors have obtained specific training for back and neck injuries that result in continuous and ongoing pain.
- The ability to treat you continuously for many months.
As you pursue treatment from a chiropractor following a car accident, consider carefully the best way to protect your best interests. We hope our free guide can help get you started on the road to recovery.
Millions of Dollars Obtained
Our team is committed to obtaining the best possible result on your behalf. Whether your injury is small or big, we will not rest until we get the compensation you deserve.Explore Our Results
Committed to Providing Answers
We understand that this is a scary and confusing time. We have created a library of free resources that will allow you to start finding the answers and solutions to your most pressing questions.Explore Our Library
Focused on Your Recovery
We handle all aspects of Personal Injury throughout North Carolina, Georgia, South Carolina, and Ohio. If you have been injured, our team can help.Explore How We Can Help